Sunday, November 10, 2013

Short & Sweet

This past week was the beginning of our "real" practices for the upcoming First Grade Thanksgiving Program.  Please mark your calendars for Thursday Evening November 21st @ 6:30.  Please bring your child back to school for the performance following the PTA General Meeting.  Keep an eye on folders for additional notes coming home and details about what your child should wear.  If you cannot come back to school that evening - please let me know as soon as possible!  The students are working very hard on the program and are very excited to perform for you!

In Math students finished up a PicCollage (app) activity.  This was a combined activity where students gathered data, created a graph within Doodle Buddy (app) and analyzed the graph. Here are just a few that I corrected.  One of the big things I am noticing with graphing is students will forget about the number "0" being the least!   I will be reteaching this concept to quite a few students in the upcoming week!






Fall Festival was a perfect day on Saturday and it was good to see a few of my students there having fun!  I was working very hard at the ticket sales booth - practicing major math facts and giving change! Here are a few pictures of my kiddos who I was able to see:


And last, but not least, here is a splendid picture of the class out observing Fall outside!  Have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Wow. You kids are so busy! I honestly think you kids do more than some High School kids! I am so impressed. You even have a KidsBlog now?? Wow!!! I am going to read that tonight! I loved seeing your pumpkins from last week's blog too. I also loved seeing the pics of the Fall Festival and you children observing Fall outside. (Wait! Are the season's supposed to be capitlized in a sentence? I forget!) I also noticed how you all hold your iPads with two hands. How smart! I cannot wait for your Thanksgiving play. I hope you are all practicing your lines at home and that you won't be shy on the day of the play. I want to be able to hear you so be sure to speak slowly and loudly. I know the play is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comments Mr. Johnson! We always, ALWAYS carry our iPads the safe way!!

    ReplyDelete