Sunday, December 15, 2013

Snow Days, Telling Time & Happy Birthday!

I know we will hate having to make up those Snow Days... but it really is kind of great to experience real "winter weather" down here in Texas!  I hope everyone survived safe and sound!  Besides talking  A LOT about snow, ice, sledding, snowballs, etc.   we did find some time to begin to learn about telling time both digitally and with an analog clock. We are practicing time to the hour, half hour and beyond on our classroom analog clocks, "Tell Time" iPad app, and good 'ol fashioned partner games with a classmate. Here are 2 short videos of students in action telling time!


Also this week we had a "dual birthday" - mine and Ayah's on December 12th!  I don't usually advertise when I turn "39" each year (haha!) ... but had to send out a big Thank You to Ayah's mom who not only sent in cupcakes for the students to enjoy, but a giant sheet cake for all the teachers and staff to have a slice on my behalf!  I never received so many "Happy Birthdays" before in 1 day!  Thank you to Ayah's Mom and everyone for making #39 (again, hahaha!!) such a fun day for us!



We have a fun and exciting week coming up and I will be sure to post on this blog over the holiday break.  I hope everyone has a safe, happy Winter Break - and to those of you who celebrate Christmas  - I hope you have a very Merry one!

No comments:

Post a Comment